Author Topic: Rohloffownersclub  (Read 3742 times)

ALMEIDA

Rohloffownersclub
« on: September 17, 2008, 06:52:50 pm »
Does somebody know what happened to the website of the rohloffownersclub??? It doesn't work since a while.

http://www.rohloffownersclub.com/

wheezy

Re: Rohloffownersclub
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 10:46:42 pm »
You aren't alone. I'm just hoping it's a temporary hold up. :-\

jimmer

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:32:24 pm »
Guys,

I've similar hopes but given that it's been off line for nearly 2 months I'm not sure it may not be terminal. Up until three or so weeks ago this forum was giving the same "server busy try later" type message that the ROC was, so maybe it's a SMF problem. They haven't just scarpered elsewhere have they?

Cheers, James

peterh

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 10:15:30 am »
I looked last week and it had been vandalised - someone had hacked in and left a message on the front page of the site that hosts it.

jimmer

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 10:28:24 am »
What absolute t*****s.

Rontana

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 03:49:18 pm »
looks like the site that those forums were on on has lost its domain, as birchwoodvideo.co.uk now points to some domain holding site

wheezy

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 04:11:22 pm »
So what are we going to do about it? In it's brief life it became a seriously good resource. I shall write to my MP.

jimmer

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 09:35:13 pm »
I agree wheezy. Rather miss speednate's extended technically nuanced posts and almeida's ability to cut to the very essence of a problem. Rather beyond my expertise level but what chance of a relaunch, put the band back together so to speak.

wheezy

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 09:43:33 pm »
The MTBR site flagged the opening of ROC. The guy or guys who ran the site announced it there, and got people to join. Maybe that's the place to start hunting them down and getting them to bring it back to life.

Also, Rohloff themselves took an active part. I wonder how they view it's demise?