Author Topic: Return to old Forum?  (Read 5934 times)

john28july

Return to old Forum?
« on: July 28, 2008, 11:57:39 am »
Return to old Forum? This new one never seems to be working correctly. It appears we are all drifting and the posts are becoming fewer. The old Forum never had problems. This one gets hiccups weekly and pictures dissapear. Lets go back to the original.
Any more votes on this-or at least a good reason to remain here?
John.

Cake

Re: Return to old Forum?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 01:24:39 pm »
It is a bit frustrating that it goes down so often, as i'm sure the person who has to get it up and running again is finding.....

geocycle

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:13:31 pm »
My sympathies are with the webmasters but I agree it's frustrating when it keeps crashing.  It's never going to have the activity levels of the big cycling forums but I think it is a very useful resource for knowledge about Thorn bikes.  It would be good to keep it going if at all possible.

Al Downie

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 04:43:37 pm »
It's an invaluable resource for Rohloff users! I've picked up some very useful advice from this forum, and I'd be very sorry if it wasn't available for me to dip into whenever I have questions.

jags

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 08:25:16 pm »
ah and were back ,i was just about to ask what's going on but john 28 got there before me and i have to agree with him on this one ,it aint working boys the old model was much better ,must have been useing index gears. come on lads get your finger out and fix it .

Fred A-M

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 07:00:45 pm »
I quite like it apart from its tendency to crash and the abuse of its features did at least resulted in one of the forum's more memorable comedy debates!  Bring back the Karma Rating, it's all gone too quiet!!!!

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 07:30:36 pm »
I emailed Adrian Knight at SJSC a few weeks back to see if switching back was a possibility. Basically for the time being it isn't.  The New forum was set up by Tran, who was on a 6-month contract - he has now left SJSC.  Adrian hasn't got the time and resources to switch the forum back.

Adrian is the person to contact when the list goes down.  He normal gets it fixed very quickly. 

His email address is his
Christian name at sjscycles dot com 
(Make a note of it! – When you need it the forum will be down.)