Community > Thorn General

someone stole my bike last night [: (]

(1/2) > >>

twowheelsgood:
Hey,
if anyone spots a small, racing green Thorn club tour, beautiful seasoned womens' brookes saddle (dark honey brown), front ally rack, rear steel rack, 3 bottle cages, drop bars, bar end shifters, busch + muller dynamo front and rear lights, fittings for ortlieb barbag and cateye cycle computer - and the usual Club Tour spec - please let me know.....
heartbroken of oxford [:(]

Pedaldog:
Sad news TWG!
Hope you find the guilty party and "Remonstrate" properly (Generally with a big stick and a swiss army knife is best!).

twowheelsgood:
thanks for the sympathy pedaldog, and the perpetrator would not survive the encounter if I came across him -
But onwards and upwards - now saving up for the replacement [:)]

marcg:
Sorry about your loss, naturally.

As a new cyclist, I'd be interested in learning the circumstances of the theft - maybe I can avoid my own bike being stolen.  Was it locked?  Whay type, how did they get past the lock.  If it wasn't locked, ws the bike left only for moments etc.
I hope that it wouldn't be too painful or too embarrasing to give us these details.

Polar Bear:
Hi TWG,

Very disappointed and sad to hear about your loss.   There is no punishment too bad for people like those who steal bikes.  I totally understand your loss as over the years I have had four bikes stolen.   When you buy the new one can I please without any benefit to myself recommend the Kryptonite New Your D locks and locking / allen key skewers for the wheels.   Thankfully since using the Kryptonite I've not lost a bike in 4 years.

Hope you're back on two wheels very soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version