Community > Thorn General

Thorn Audax

(1/1)

BobScarle:
I know this is probably not the place to ask this question, but I will anyway! I am considering buying a Thorn Audax 853. A lovely looking bike but looks can be deceptive. I would like to read more about it but have been unable to. The brochure from St Johns Street mentions a review in C+ 131, you guessed, sold out.

Does anybody here know where I can get an honest opinion of the bike before I layout £1500?

Pedaldog:
Could try asking on the C+ forum as there seems to be quite a few Thorn riders on there?

Dave Whittle Thorn Workshop:
quote:Does anybody here know where I can get an honest opinion of the bike before I layout £1500?

You can get your own honest opinion with our 14 day money back guarantee!! [:D]

grant620:
If it is half as good as the older Audax you won't be disappointed.
I have a 725 model and I have no complaints at all.

Regards
Grant

piggling bland:
I'll start with criticism to establish veracity.  As supplied, seven years ago, the Audax was too long and the contact points were unforgiving.  A shorter stem, softer saddle and better bar tape solved those problems.

Since then I have averaged just under two rides a week, each of around thirty miles.  Light usage for an Audax but enough to support these comments.  I love the way the Audax purrs round country lanes and have found the bicycle ideal for light touring, using hostels.  I am a coward on descents but the Audax behaves impeccably and has given my confidence a boost.

The narrow rims and high pressure tyres make the Audax unsuitable for the easiest of rough stuff so I considered trading my bicycle in for an XTC.  I was stunned when Robin said my bicycle was still worth £450 part exchange!  Thorns hold their value.

I am still riding the Audax.  After a service, my bicycle goes as sweetly as ever.  I'll get an XTC one day, but will be holding on to my Audax.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version