Author Topic: Thank you to a kind chap in the Brooks Saddle factory  (Read 2533 times)

stutho

• Administrator
Thank you to a kind chap in the Brooks Saddle factory
« on: July 04, 2008, 04:49:41 pm »
I had just dropped my son to school (he was on a islabike tag-a-long), when my B17 Ti suddenly when very floppy (a technical term!).  Turned out that one of the Ti part had sheared in two. 

Just my luck the saddle was out of warranties however I phoned a very nice man in the factory who said it wasn't a problem and he would pop a replacement part in the post to me free of charge.  Next day and it has arrived. 

Thank you Brooks and thank you nice man.

Stutho

PS I switched back to a spare plastic saddle while the B17 was broken.  I had forgotten how uncomfortable plastic is.   

Cake

Re: Thank you to a kind chap in the Brooks Saddle factory
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 07:33:40 pm »
Its exactly that level of service that inspires confidence and keeps customers coming back.  Good for you Stutho!

freddered

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 10:12:53 am »
It's not the first Ti Brooks that has failed.  I think they know it's a fairly common (common for a Brooks anyway) failure and want to avoid any trouble.

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 12:51:39 am »
It's not the first Ti Brooks that has failed.  I think they know it's a fairly common (common for a Brooks anyway) failure and want to avoid any trouble.
I've heard of a few TIs  failing as well - If someone was off on a world tour I would recommender a steel B17.  That said  the Ti  is a damn fine saddle - I love mine.