Author Topic: new tyres help  (Read 3387 times)

jags

new tyres help
« on: December 27, 2007, 01:48:37 pm »
hi all ,i have my new sherpa on the road at last ,the tyres im useing is schwalbe marathon plus
great tyres but heavy,can anyone recommend a good set of slicks i can use,only for everyday use (not touring)
bye the way im really happy the way the sherpa rides , i have to keep telling myself that im not on my carbon road bike and to ride a bit slower, its a lovely smooth ride looking forward to my first tour.
in the mean time i think ill try slicks ,see how they preform .the size im useing marathons 26/1.35on sun rhyno wheels, what size slicks should i go for.thanks..

john28july

Re: new tyres help
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 03:25:18 pm »
hi all ,i have my new sherpa on the road at last ,the tyres im useing is schwalbe marathon plus
great tyres but heavy,can anyone recommend a good set of slicks i can use,only for everyday use (not touring)
bye the way im really happy the way the sherpa rides , i have to keep telling myself that im not on my carbon road bike and to ride a bit slower, its a lovely smooth ride looking forward to my first tour.
in the mean time i think ill try slicks ,see how they preform .the size im useing marathons 26/1.35on sun rhyno wheels, what size slicks should i go for.thanks..

I bet you are a happy person! Schwalbe City Jets will do the job and only about £12:00 or so a pair.
John.

jags

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 04:17:58 pm »
i sure am john thanks for that.
any pics comming up.

PH

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 08:36:35 pm »
I swapped my City Jets for Marathon Pluses and haven't noticed the weight making any difference, the Jets are hardly lightweight.  I didn't get on with the Jets, I found the grip in the wet very poor and had a spate of punctures.  Then again they're cheap enough to try for yourself, or if you live anywhere near Derby you're welcome to mine.  The fastest tyres I've had on my Raven were Hi-Roads, a lot lighter than Jets and a lot dearer.  The old adage about getting what you pay for rings true with tyres, there are reasons the Marathon Racer is over twice the price of the Jets.  If you’re not to bothered about puncture protection, Tom Slicks are reckoned to be very fast and decent value
TOM SLICKS