Author Topic: NOMAD PROBLEMS!!!!  (Read 11975 times)

Pedaldog

NOMAD PROBLEMS!!!!
« on: December 23, 2003, 08:18:41 pm »
I think there is something wrong with my Nomad[:(]!
I took it out for a (Lightly loaded) run yesterday in the South Lakes and I had a lot of trouble going up hills!
I was getting out of breath, my knees were aching and I got a headache!
I know I am Grossly[^] overweight and have just stopped smoking after 34 years on a recent dose of 60 a day but I am sure it can't be me that is struggling... can it?
Any ideas?[}:)]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 08:33:00 pm by Pedaldog »

Cephas

Re: NOMAD PROBLEMS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 09:22:52 pm »
Fault definitely does not lie with the Nomad. It's difficult to make a thorough diagnosis on the scanty information provided, but my first thought is inappropriate footwear. Try lighter weight socks.

Mario

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 09:50:29 pm »
I don't think it is the socks. Wait until Boxing Day before you try again. Proper Christmas food with all the trimming surely will make a difference.It will give you the necessary strength to tackle those hills.

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 02:29:20 pm »
I've seen this kind of thing before...  my best advice is, sue Thorn!!  Take them to court for emotional pain and suffering!  Sue them for making you feel like you might need to make changes in your life!!  Sue, Sue, Sue!!!

Pedaldog

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 06:39:09 pm »
I think I may be cursed!!!!!!
I went out today on the recumbent trike and I found probnlems with that as well.
I am beginning to wonder if somebody has spiked them all in the garage?

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 08:22:31 pm »
I'm begining to smell the distinct and very foul odor of, "Class Action Lawsuit"!!  Pedaldog, do not STOP until all these bastards are made to pay for your personal pain and suffering... It breaks my heart to see a man suffering needlessly when trying to enjoy a healthy, recreational activity and the very gear that should be adding to his pleasure is, INSTEAD, making him hurt where he should feel ease, making him feel sadness when his emotions should be joyous and lastly-making him take the added time to explain such atrocities on the internet(at his own expense I must add!!)to be able to try to purge his angst.

I am sickened, just sickened.  I have cancelled my Thorn eXp order.  Robin never ONCE told me that touring around the world could have ANY difficulties like you've mentioned-matter of fact, I recall Robin saying to me, "Buy the eXp and I'll let you in on a little secret: it requires no pedaling up hill and makes headwinds vanish"  I thought that seemed a little too good to be true but he assured me it was the truth and further went on to say, "Yeah, it's in the welds and also one other bit of design brilliance on our behalf-during the construction of every eXp frame we fill the seatstays and downtube with aged goat urine before welding the tubes closed.  Somehow the molecular structure of the enzymes in goat's urine counteracts both-gravity and headwind direction.  Of course we were more than pleased to discover this and then went on to find that by aging the urine of a particular species of goat that the effect was heightened by nearly 7.899.99% over non-aged urinal varieties"  

Liar!  

I guess old Robby Thorn will be thinking twice when he considers putting up a forumboard for his bikes in the future!

BUYER BEWARE!![:(!][^]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 08:43:02 pm by Istanbul_Tea »

Pedaldog

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2003, 10:51:16 am »
Guess I'm on the Daewoo Shuttle for today[:o)]
At least it's a serious piece of kit (I have the three speed version!)
Merry wossname and a happy new thingummy to all![:D]

jbernardbooks

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2003, 10:17:28 pm »
The problem described here is not unusual in the mature cyclist. It is best remedied by ensuring one cycles unladen, in a downhill direction, with a following wind/

Pedaldog

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2003, 10:06:03 am »
"UNLADEN!!!!!!!"
How am I supposed to carry the large and mostly useless amounts of ****e around with me, precisely the reason I got the Good Nomad in the first place?

Billy

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2004, 11:57:24 pm »
I think we should petition South Lakeland District Council to level the roads a bit.

Pedaldog

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2004, 06:31:35 pm »
No Billy, I think we should let them keep the hills but maybe get them to point ALL THE SAME WAY i.e Downhill?

James

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2004, 05:18:45 am »
Try cycling to Australia, that's downhill.