Community > Thorn General

Stealing a Thorn Raven

(1/1)

marcg:
I suppose that the Stealth finish is offered on these bikes to make them less noticeable to thieves.  On the other hand, once it has been stolen a Stealth Raven would be much easier to disguise and therefore less likely to be spotted and maybe returned.
On the other hand, a Celt finish will attract attention but should be much more difficult to disguise, making it less easy to sell on or to be used in the company of either cyclists.

So which way to go.  My head is spinning.[?]

James:
Celt

PH:
Get a decent lock, insurance and the bike of your choice.
The scum that nick bikes fall into two categories, those looking for a quick sale and more likely to go for something with disk brakes, suspension and loads of gears, even if this comes on a £100 supermarket special.  And those who know what they’re nicking, who will appreciate the value of your bike however much you try to disguise it.

TimCPike:
I doubt it'll look that appealing to the casual thief - no nice shiney gearing (as far as they're aware). It'll look rather too much like an old-fashioned sit-up-and-beg I'd hav thought. OK if they figure out exactly what it is they may become more interested in the quality of your lock.

I vote for the stealth!

grant620:
IMO, if it hasn't got the latest XYZ trick forks and gear set up, it won't be stolen!!
Theft of bikes of this type certainly isn't common.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version