Technical > General Technical

New (old) bike help required

<< < (15/15)

PH:

--- Quote from: ourclarioncall on May 29, 2022, 03:11:57 pm ---Interesting. So are these tyres a bit like putting welly boots on a ballet dancer? 🙂

--- End quote ---
... then expecting them to dance through treacle.

--- Quote ---So what would you recommend?
--- End quote ---
it's 15+ years since I last had 26" wheels so I've not kept up. I notice SJS have some 2.15" Almotion, I don't know it they'd fit your frame, if so they'd be my first choice, the 26's are no longer listed by Schwalbe so maybe they've been dropped like several other 26" tyres.  I's all a compromise - speed, comfort, road grip, off-road grip, puncture protection, sidewall strength, longevity, price - you have to decide for yourself where the priorities are, in the case of the Pluses, they score great at the puncture protection and longevity and pretty poor at everything else. They have been shown to have good rolling resistances at similar pressures to other touring tyres, but at those pressures the comfort has fallen through the floor.  As I said in another of your threads, for a tyres that scores OK on all criteria, the standard Marathon take some beating.
But really this question would be better answered by those riding similar bikes to yours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version