Author Topic: Uk bike shipping  (Read 2418 times)

ourclarioncall

Re: Uk bike shipping
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2022, 09:04:17 pm »
I’ve no experience of sending bikes by post/courier.
My thoughts are that if You’re relying on the seller to pack the bike properly and if he/she is not familiar with what’s required it might be better to find a bike shop local to the seller which has the experience to do all this and arrange a courier including compensation cover in the event of damage/loss.

Ive used anyvan.com for furniture transport so in theory there’s no reason why they could not courier bikes. They also have an eBay courier service but this may be no use if the purchase wasn’t via eBay.

Well done for finding the bike and safe and happy cycling.

Thanks for the info .

The owner actually offers to drop it off in Dundee in the back of his van when he comes up to Scotland , but it won’t be till may /June

I haven’t got the patience to wait tho haha. He was just trying to save me money on shipping which was kind of him

ourclarioncall

Re: Uk bike shipping
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2022, 09:26:31 pm »
I think it is an exp as the guy sent me seller sent me videos of the bike and it has an “x” thingy highlighted in the exp literature and also it looks like a “drain plug” (bolt under the bottom bracket to let out moisture build up

The racks , both from and back both looks the same too

Can’t think of what else it can

Looks like it would have been a decent bike when it was new. More expensive than the nomad I originally thought