Author Topic: What do you wear?  (Read 4449 times)

PH

Re: What do you wear?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2022, 01:17:03 pm »
Thanks for posting.  I ordered them yesterday.
Good luck with them, they are a bit love or hate!  I didn't get on with them, kept my dryish, but I fond the straps rubbed the back of my legs.
For a while, they were almost the required Audax uniform, but I can't remember the last time I noticed anyone wearing them (Though that might be because I haven't done many wet Audax, Doh!)
I have some excellent wet weather trousers from Showers Pass, same sort of principal, waterproof where you need it and not where you don't, but they're too bulky to carry touring. 

mickeg

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2022, 06:47:35 pm »
I have some excellent wet weather trousers from Showers Pass, same sort of principal, waterproof where you need it and not where you don't, but they're too bulky to carry touring.

I am the opposite, I bring bulky stuff on a tour, stuff that I would not bring on a ride near home.

In the photo, the black roll that is strapped on top of my front left pannier is my rain pants and yellow green shoe covers is next to it.  My rain jacket is red and is strapped on top of the right front pannier.  Strapped on top where they are easily handy without having to open up panniers to get them.

PH

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2022, 11:42:35 am »

I am the opposite, I bring bulky stuff on a tour, stuff that I would not bring on a ride near home.
That made me think! 
I'd probably not carry them at all, I'd either wear them or leave them at home.
I replaced my Rainlegs with some waterproof shorts big small enough to carry and slip over what I'm already wearing, but I don't really get on with those either.