Community > Thorn General

New Thorn stock

(1/3) > >>

ourclarioncall:
I asked on Instagram when the new stock (frames and forks) will be coming in . I expected March sometimes

I was informed they had a batch in but they were all pre-sold and they will be getting more later in the year 🥲🥲🥲🥲

ourclarioncall:
As my dad once said “if yer nae fast , yer last”

ourclarioncall:
I just expected there to be plenty to go round , but maybe Covid has slowed everything down so much they are only getting limited supply ?

UKTony:
As a result of the pandemic there has been a huge increase in demand and a shortage of key components. Many bike shops are only selling bikes to customers on back order. I know this because a couple of friends   have had to do this and waited 6 months to a year for their new bike to arrive. The blockage in the Suez Canal last year probably didn’t help matters either!
If Thorn told you that all the latest batch were pre-sold that implies they’ll take orders in advance though they might want a deposit. Have you asked the Thorn sales team about the possibility of pre-ordering, if not I fear you might find yourself in the same position when the next batch of frames arrives later in the year.

ourclarioncall:

--- Quote from: UKTony on March 11, 2022, 12:48:37 pm ---As a result of the pandemic there has been a huge increase in demand and a shortage of key components. Many bike shops are only selling bikes to customers on back order. I know this because a couple of friends   have had to do this and waited 6 months to a year for their new bike to arrive. The blockage in the Suez Canal last year probably didn’t help matters either!
If Thorn told you that all the latest batch were pre-sold that implies they’ll take orders in advance though they might want a deposit. Have you asked the Thorn sales team about the possibility of pre-ordering, if not I fear you might find yourself in the same position when the next batch of frames arrives later in the year.

--- End quote ---

Gotcha

I asked on Instagram when the new batch will in

From talking to a guy who got one pre ordered I’m thinking about 6 months . He got the wrong colour and doesn’t want to wait another 6 months he said so is getting a respray done in uk

Yeah pre-order is the way to go I think

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version