Community > Thorn General

How much is a steel frame worth in scrap value?

<< < (2/5) > >>

CycleTourer:
Where I live on the continent, I just don’t think anyone is going to pay 200 quid for a well-used frame with an unusual, foreign EBB shell, with an already-cut steerer tube, and not even a headset (since I am removing the Chris King headset I installed in it – I can definitely use that part elsewhere). If people here look out for sales – well, at least once supply chains recover – they could pick up a new Rohloff-ready frame for perhaps no more than twice that amount. Plus, I would have to invest time in cleaning and repainting the frame, listing it and possibly packaging it for dispatch. It just doesn’t seem worth my while.

mickeg:
Post the frame for sale on this forum with photos.  You should assume a buyer will want to know the serial number on the frame.  But first you should figure out how you would ship it, as shipping costs are something that a buyer would want to know.

There is a half meg limit to photo size on this forum.  I usually post photos that are 922 X 691 pixels.  Much bigger and it will not accept it.

I am keeping my Nomad Mk II, I have had it nine years and I do not see any advantage to getting the Mk III.  But, I would stick with chain drive because I use a smaller chainring for touring than I use for general riding near home.  And sometimes I put a suspension fork on it and the Mk III is not compatible with suspension forks.  And, my Mk II has S&S couplers, I think they are not available on the Mk III.  So, for me a Mk III has no advantages.

martinf:
Depends on the size and where you are on the Continent, but I might be interested.

CycleTourer:
It’s a size 540L, and it’s in Warsaw.

martinf:
Unfortunately a bit too small for me.

But as Mickeg has already said, it is probably worth a try posting it here. There are some other forum members in continental Europe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version