Private Classified > Wanted

Rohloff Screw-on sprocket removal tool

<< < (2/4) > >>

mickeg:
Some have complained about the threaded sprockets as being threaded on really tight and hard to remove.  I have never had a problem but I used large wrenches for leverage.

Gilles:
Oh dear John. Im really sorry, but I have one of those too. Would you like me to send it to you.Whoops
Please dont worry about my postage cost. I think I owe it to you.

PH:
As an aside - Are people fitting the carrier and forgetting it?
Maybe it's my cautious nature, but I've treated it the same way as everything else that at some point might need removing, that is making sure that's an easy job when the time comes, so periodically the carrier gets removed, cleaned and re-greased.

Danneaux:

--- Quote ---...periodically the carrier gets removed, cleaned and re-greased.
--- End quote ---
I do the same.  :)

Best,

Dan.

mickeg:

--- Quote from: PH on November 12, 2021, 10:18:49 am ---As an aside - Are people fitting the carrier and forgetting it?
Maybe it's my cautious nature, but I've treated it the same way as everything else that at some point might need removing, that is making sure that's an easy job when the time comes, so periodically the carrier gets removed, cleaned and re-greased.

--- End quote ---

When I run out of threaded sprockets, I plan to remove the carrier just as often for that reason.

I pull my threaded sprocket off every other year or so, even if I intend to put it back exactly where it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version