Author Topic: EBay Mercury 520L  (Read 2031 times)

Mike Gander

Re: EBay Mercury 520L
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 12:17:36 pm »
Thanks for your comment 1in4!  If it helps, I am 5' 9" and 140lbs and the Mercury carried me on our 'quiet roads and pathways' JOGLE in June with ease and not even a puncture.  As my eBay ad says, I bought it for the JOGLE and now I am back in Norfolk my 5-speed Pahley Roadster is quite enough for my weekly exercise runs! (and I also need more space in my little workshop!)  If anyone wants to talk about it in detail, please PM me and I'd rather knock it down and not have to pay eBay's eye-watering fees!  Mike Gander

in4

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 08:36:00 pm »
You’re very welcome! I hope an appreciative buyer appears shortly. The word is out!

Mike Gander

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 11:15:10 pm »
Thanks for that, a buyer has appeared today, from the eBay ad, not here, so I've had to swallow the 12.8% fee for selling.  Downright daylight robbery for zilch work I suggest, and if they are taking their cue from the auction houses they'll be charging a buyer's premium next!

I shall miss (in fact I do miss!) the lightness and speed of the Mercury, but I don't miss its rather narrow tyres on the country lanes of Norfolk, my Pashley's weight on 38c's is much calmer!

Mike Gander