Author Topic: Thorn Nomad - bike insurance  (Read 1452 times)

R Bailey

Thorn Nomad - bike insurance
« on: September 14, 2021, 07:20:30 pm »

Good evening

Delighted to have received my new Thorn Nomad today - really looking forward to riding it soon.

I'm looking to insure this - we also have two Bromptons, one Surly and a Gazelle bike. Which insurer would members recommend please? I'd like to have cover for when I go touring as well as for here at home in York.

thanks in advance

Russell

PH

Re: Thorn Nomad - bike insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 09:11:30 pm »
Congratulations on the new bike, wishing you many happy miles.
There's a board dedicated to insurance
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?board=13.0
Save typing it all out again  ;)

There's also several boards where you can post photos and details of the new bike, just saying  ;D

R Bailey

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 10:15:09 pm »
Thanks PH - images to follow in due course when it's daylight - first ride out tomorrow - so glad to have it here!

One thing I have noticed though is that there appears to be a few paint drips on the top tube - is this to be expected as part of the manufacturing process? Would post images but seem to be having trouble uploading any images to my posts in this forum - even when I keep the file size within the limit

thanks

« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 06:05:05 pm by R Bailey »

in4

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 10:51:59 pm »
Welcome! Happy days ahead. Look forward to seeing your new steed. My MK2 is named ‘Henry’; after my Labrador.

R Bailey

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 11:23:35 pm »

Thank you

looking forward to our October trip to NE Scotland - taking it on our camper and will be exploring routes around Caithness and over to Orkney for a day or two

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 05:48:59 pm »
Let me know if you're in the Aberdeen area.
Always nice to meet up with fellow Thorn riders.
I have a Raven Tour.

Best

Matt
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

R Bailey

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 11:48:03 pm »

Will do Matt - I live in York but venture north on occasions

mickeg

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 10:05:17 pm »
Some months ago someone on this forum mentioned an on-line registration site where you can register your bikes.

I am in USA, this site apparently is often used here but I do not know if it is used much in the UK.
https://bikeindex.org/

I recently registered my bikes at that site and I also bought the stickers to put on my bikes.

My community used to have a bike license program that almost nobody used.  But I did as I wanted the sticker on my bike with a number that police could correlate to me.  But my community no longer does that and I suspect that they will lose the data base in the near future.  My community instead recommended the website I cited above.

I looked for that thread I cited above, found this reference to bikeregister in that thread:
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=14041.msg106502#msg106502