Technical > Wheels, Tyres and Brakes

Schwalbe Duremes 26x2

(1/4) > >>

hendrich:
We rode 26x2 inch Duremes on our tour this year, which we just finished. Midwest US: Iowa>Minnesota>Wisconsin>UP Michigan>Michigan. A mix of roads and trails, 1800 miles. We ride a tandem and camp. No flats and the wider tires were great for the mix of conditions. I very much appreciate other peoples comments that these are one of the best touring tires ever made.

As many of you are aware, these Duremes are a special production batch for SJS. I was going to purchase more tires after the high Covid-induced shipping costs reduced, but SJS has since sold out. I have contacted SJS and they responded that they might commission another batch next year. You may wish to add you voice to encourage another production run.

Mike

brummie:
Running a pair on my tandem too. Good all round tyres that handle most surfaces well. Not had a visit from the puncture fairies yet either (Touch wood ! )  Got a spare in waiting..

LorenzoB:
Dear Hendrich,
pressing sjs not to discontinue the duremes is an excellent idea, I was going to do the same (after watching a youtube clip where the quality of the duremes was celebrated).

Who did you talk to specifically at sjs?

hendrich:
lorenzo,
thanks for your interest. John from SJS said "Not anytime soon I'm afraid- maybe sometime next year?" Hopefully they will! The Duremes are awesome.

LorenzoB:
hi Henrich, I will send sjs an email just to convey the idea that there is market interest in such tires. I suspect the disappearance of duremes has more to so with supply problems due to covid than anything else. There is clearly a shortage of tires. And I have been waiting for the restocking of Thorn’s cranks for almost one year!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version