Author Topic: Bicycle Mayor  (Read 3058 times)

PH

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 04:19:57 pm by PH »

leftpoole

Re: Bicycle Mayor
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 09:53:52 am »
Which bike would you think a Bicycle Mayor would ride?
https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/news/bristol-gets-first-bicycle-mayor/?fbclid=IwAR2TYVo-IcA0tSFq3PxnL0iQk6-CqJIotciFq7Ci4aC-4WN-nkK4utSS5sc

Brilliant!
I do not live in Bristol (thankfully) but if I did I would move away. Why you might ask? Because Bristol has a Mayor called Marvin. Totally useless and should have been dumped. Going by reports from family who do live in Bristol, the nightmare of Marvin is ongoing. Building and not building cycling provision. Not doing anything seems to be his approach so as not to upset one side or another.  He has recently been voted back in again. The only reason I think is because the area has a high proportion of Black and Ethnic majority. He is black. This Cycling Mayor idea is a good one and before I am labelled 'racist' she is black also.
I hope that she does well.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 10:37:44 am by leftpoole »

JohnR

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 11:10:44 am »
I first noticed the way that the rear mudguard stays were fitted and then saw the Thorn sticker. Which model is it?

leftpoole

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 12:03:31 pm »
I first noticed the way that the rear mudguard stays were fitted and then saw the Thorn sticker. Which model is it?

It is a nice clean Sherpa.

Dave B

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 09:23:31 pm »
Great picture of a good looking bike.

PH

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 08:48:05 pm »
I first noticed the stack of spacers...

leftpoole

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 10:15:54 am »
I first noticed the stack of spacers...

Oh no!  ;D ;D ;D