Author Topic: Tales from the Bush  (Read 1935 times)

tyreon

Tales from the Bush
« on: April 18, 2021, 11:10:42 am »
Uplifting news today. Telephoned an old friend to chat to be told an old(e) timer was still on his bike,still doing his rounds. Still on a road bike!(dropped bars!!)and had come over to just this week to visit her. That 46 good country miles. Make it 50 cos his colleague likes a detour now'n-again. He's 90 but a day. Delighted,I said I saluted him to be told of another cyclist who hadnt been seen for some 3 months who it then turns out had collapsed,gone into hospital,had a pacemaker fitted,and was himself out now cycling on his bike. 90 not out!
Alas,I'm made of less substantial stuff. I am getting out on my bike but the weather and all this covid malarkey has put a downer on me. Then there's aches and pains...and other stuff. Still,its nice to see life in others and that I still have some horizon that has some distance.
Enjoy the day!

ourclarioncall

Re: Tales from the Bush
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 12:44:05 pm »
Good report 🙂

Nice to hear something positive and alternative to covid !

If you’ve never looked into water fasting it can be a great way to rejuvenate the body and feel fresh.
They say the body can heal up old injuries because it’s getting a
Rest from constantly digesting food and therefore can direct time and energy to finish of the list of unfinished jobs the wife handed us 6 years ago 😆 some thing can’t be cured but somethings can.

I’ve been doing it for over 15 years. Planning on doing it soon as I’m fed up with my diet, with feeling slow , heavy and sluggish. Looking forward to clearer skin, bright eyes, clear mind, never ending energy and giving my cells and brain a good spring clean