Community > Cycle Tours

A short Scottish tour

(1/6) > >>

Matt2matt2002:
I recently enjoyed a week away on the West coast of Scotland. The weather was mostly good and my first spell of wild camping was err... interesting.

Check out my Crazy Guy blog:

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/NorthWestScotlandAug2020

Raven Tour performed as expected - perfect. Minor front brake pad issues but entirely due to owner negligance!
Just rear panniers and tent gave a good ride despite the heavy rear.

If youve not been to Scotland - pop it onto your to-do list. Carry a midge head net and you'll be fine.

Cheers folks

Matt

PH:
I've just had a glance, I'll go back for a proper read sometime, looks good.
And well done for getting away.  I had a big Scottish tour planned for May, combination of riding and a few train journeys, the idea being to fill in the gaps left from other tours,
 Including that NW corner Ullapool to Tongue.  Maybe next year.

Pavel:
A good read - and a bit of inspiration.  Nice that some parts of the world are getting their pulse back.

kwkirby01:
Thanks for the report, it brought back happy memories of family holidays at Clachtoll campsite.
I can recommend the Inver Lodge Hotel (up the hill from Lochinver itself) for coffee scones (freshly baked to order!) and a warm log fire. Jus the place to relax after a ride or, in our case, a wildlife boat trip.
When we've visited previously the lighthouse at Stoer, 6 miles on from Clachtoll beach, had a snack van staffed by a lovely lady who made the most amazing Scotch pancakes served with chocolate sauce - well worth a visit.

PH:

--- Quote from: kwkirby01 on August 30, 2020, 08:46:21 AM ---Thanks for the report, it brought back happy memories of family holidays at Clachtoll campsite.
I can recommend the Inver Lodge Hotel (up the hill from Lochinver itself) for coffee scones (freshly baked to order!) and a warm log fire. Jus the place to relax after a ride or, in our case, a wildlife boat trip.
When we've visited previously the lighthouse at Stoer, 6 miles on from Clachtoll beach, had a snack van staffed by a lovely lady who made the most amazing Scotch pancakes served with chocolate sauce - well worth a visit.

--- End quote ---
Your's sounds like my kind of touring, stuff the scenery, where's the cafe... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version