Author Topic: Thorn xtc or Sherpa wanted small sizes  (Read 3614 times)

yorkshirethorn

Thorn xtc or Sherpa wanted small sizes
« on: May 18, 2020, 02:24:01 pm »
Hi All
I am looking for a (or possibly a couple) of xtc, Sherpa or possibly similar Thorn models in small or xs sizes.
I have three cycling children all very keen and I want to equip them with touring bikes (ideally 26") for our longer journeys. They are from 5' 6" (and obviously growing) down so pretty much all smaller sizes considered. Drops or straights, any condition cosmetically but must be mechanicaly sound. I live in Yorkshire but (post lockdown?) Prepared to travel or arrange carrier. Please PM me or post any advice on here
Many thanks in advance

BrianW

Re: Thorn xtc or Sherpa wanted small sizes
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 02:14:55 pm »
I have a Rolhoff equipped Thorn ST420 with comfort bar and front and rear racks for sale.  Maybe not what you had in mind but it would suit a son or daughter between 5' 2" and 5' 10" according to the Thorn brochure.  It's serviced and has only done about 2000miles. It was my wife's bike and she moved on to a Riese and Muller ebike. Send me a PM if it's of interest.

yorkshirethorn

Re: Thorn xtc or Sherpa wanted small sizes
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 10:40:18 am »
Hi Brian,

Many thanks for the post. Sounds a great bike but not really what I am looking for, we are after very small traditional shape tourer for a young boy
Kind regards Matt