Author Topic: Audax 853 Restoration completed third frame.  (Read 987 times)

leftpoole

• My photographs
Re: Audax 853 Restoration completed third frame.
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 09:08:02 PM »
Great build John. All the builds you do look just right and I expect ride beautifully.
Do you build your own wheels as well ?
Do you let the LBS do anything at all or is it all built from frame up?

Steve

Steve,
I buy my wheels hand built by SJSC or another business that also has a very good wheel builder. I do everything else from frame and forks onward including fitting headset . I do not take nor ever have let anyone else do any work on my bikes.
Thank you for your very kind comments.
Basically I learned the hard way whilst teaching myself that specific tools are required for building bikes!
Best regards,
John
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:59:32 AM by leftpoole »

tyreon

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2020, 01:16:38 PM »
Mr Leftpoole often shows some beautiful bikes. I'm sure I've seen some of his stable. Left alone(or with him in attendance on a sunny day)I could sit with him and a cuppa ust looking and appreciating his creations and tels of choices made.
There's people hereabouts with great wisdom.
I just luv looking at soe of the bikes hereabouts and seeing pics of where people go.
I miss being in my stronger years. Was no mile-eater or road man,but miles are longer theseadays

leftpoole

• My photographs
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2020, 06:17:03 PM »
Mr Leftpoole often shows some beautiful bikes. I'm sure I've seen some of his stable. Left alone(or with him in attendance on a sunny day)I could sit with him and a cuppa ust looking and appreciating his creations and tels of choices made.
There's people hereabouts with great wisdom.
I just luv looking at soe of the bikes hereabouts and seeing pics of where people go.
I miss being in my stronger years. Was no mile-eater or road man,but miles are longer theseadays

Wonderful. Thank you!  :)