Author Topic: Stir crazy!  (Read 15103 times)

John Saxby

Re: Stir crazy!
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2020, 04:50:28 pm »
Wow!  Good work/pleasure, Matt!

I thought of you the other day, harking back to our correspondence about your once-possible trip through Ontario this May.  I didn't feel much like cycling, not even on an unloaded bike:  less than two weeks after my post above, we had a 3-day heatwave, daytime highs in the high 30s on the humidex, nighttime lows in the low-mid 20s.  For me, that's heatstroke weather if I'm riding a loaded bike, the more so in hilly country.

Such really hot weather can zap the mozzies; OTOH, it can also advance & prolong the black flies' reign of terror.  On balance, I prefer the mozzies.

(That weather has just broken, thankfully, and tonight's forecast low is 4.)

A reminder that May weather in Ontario can be lovely, but also dangerous.

Cheers,  J.

rafiki

• rafikiPHOTO
Re: Stir crazy!
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2020, 09:03:33 pm »
In Spain, in those areas which have moved to phase 2, we can now cycle any distance for as long as we like so long as we remain within the province. Previously it was just the municipality. Fortunately I haven't suffered much of a fitness problem as I used an exercise bike daily at home for for 5 weeks whilst we were totally confined.

Deaths in Spain down to just 1 or 2 per day now. However since the lockdown has eased there is a small but significant rise in infections. My fear is that many are feeling it's all over and aren't as serious as they were with the remaining precautions.
Brian.