Author Topic: Nomad (derailleur version) on Ebay in USA  (Read 1855 times)

mickeg

Nomad (derailleur version) on Ebay in USA
« on: March 04, 2020, 12:59:18 pm »
Not mine, saw it on Ebay.

Nice looking bike with some higher end components, not sure the age but it sounds like a UK made frame. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thorn-Nomad/233513762232

Prince of Darkness

Re: Nomad (derailleur version) on Ebay in USA
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 09:59:03 pm »
Fillet brazed 531 tubing. Definitely British :)

in4

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 07:10:58 pm »
Size matrix

PH

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 10:11:40 pm »
That's nice and in good nick, but if it fetches anything like that price it might be worth searching them out in the UK and shipping them over :o

mickeg

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 05:14:28 pm »
It has been up for a while, so it does not look like it is going to go for that price.

And it is eight speed.  I think there is nothing wrong with eight speed, I have eight speed drive trail on two touring bikes, rando bike and folding bike.  But that is technology that is two decades old.  I can't see it selling for a very good price, it would be competing with newer LHT and Trek 520s which on the used market are half the price or less.

That said, you do not often come across a 40 spoke rear wheel, that bike was built for serious touring.  And Salsa Gordo rims, those rims are not made any more but they are what I used when I built up my Sherpa about a decade ago, I think it is a very nice rim.

He has a framed photo of someone truing up a wheel in one of the photos, that is the kind of seller that I think you want to buy a used bike from.

The Raven that was up for sale on Ebay recently did not have a bidder at a lower price, and that included a Rohloff.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 05:17:12 pm by mickeg »