Author Topic: My 725 audax  (Read 2947 times)

Mr-mac

My 725 audax
« on: February 12, 2020, 08:59:31 pm »
My cheap steal Audax :)

PH

Re: My 725 audax
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 12:07:16 am »
 Nice looking bike and Campag loveliness  :)
Take care of the rear mech, those suitable for a triple have become a rarity, when mine committed suicide by diving into the wheel, it pushed me into a Shimano/shiftmate solution, though that's working fine.

Mr-mac

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 09:31:17 am »
Can’t grumble at price paid,

just to find a nice strong and light seatpost (probs in black) and a brooks saddle, some mudgaurds for 28 or 32 tyres (may try without guards first with my conti tour ride 28’s and settle on tyre before I buy mudgaurds).

Not convinced the BB is 100% correct for the Campag setup yes it’s square but just looking at inner edge of crank on axle it just looks a little funny like square hole ever so slightly large for taper of axle. Think wheels may need some bearings soon too but that’s not a big deal. I have a set of black drop bars that I reckon have better cable routing so may swap em on with the set of black bontrager tape set I found in my garage.

Plan to have my own wheels built up at some point as well.  So depending on what tyres are like I may keep new ones for 32 and the campag wheels for 28.  Got a spare hope Ti-glide rear hub in red but guess will need an ambrosio shimano spline/campag spacing cassette to make that work.  Though I always loved the ti-glide hubs in my old road bike so would be nice to use em.

Mr-mac

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 12:03:31 am »
Ready to roll.

New wheel bearings fitted, seatpost and brooks professional fitted, pedals fitted (stop gap as ones I bought aren’t here yet)

leftpoole

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 10:21:46 am »
Excellent, now simply requires mudguards. Any colour of course!
John

Mr-mac

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 02:12:22 pm »
Black and they will be coming but I am gonna run it for a while to decide if I wanna run 28 or 32 tyres before choosing the mudgaurds.

PH

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 04:32:57 pm »
Looks very nice, how does it ride?

Mr-mac

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 12:03:22 pm »
Only done some short runs so far but considering my weight and lack of road bike riding for a long time it appears to be epically comfortable and a nice easy ride.

Will report back as I get longer runs.

Considering a brooks for my mtb as well.  Bloody lovely is my old cheap brooks pro that I picked up.