Author Topic: Thorn Raven Enduro  (Read 2074 times)

sweats

Thorn Raven Enduro
« on: January 29, 2020, 04:37:37 pm »
I may regret this but here goes. Time warp special! Thorn Raven Enduro in almost as new condition. I am the 2nd owner of this bike. I bought it 13 years ago and I am sorry to say I have only ridden it a handful of times as I have a Thorn Raven Tour as my go to bike. I have never ridden it off road. The previous owner bought it new from Thorn but rarely used it as he was troubled with back pain. The original Cateye computer has 498 miles on it and I have no reason not to believe that this is the total mileage. Frame is a 559M built from Reynolds 853 tubing. The bike is in excellent condition. There is 1 tiny chip in the paint on the down tube which I have pictured. There are no dents/dings in the tubing. The Rohloff hub runs sweet as expected. The hub number is 34452. The frame number is 559M04010. All of the running gear is in excellent condition. There are a couple of marks on the fork crown as pictured. It has been dry stored in my garden shed. It came with all the top of the range gear from Thorn – Hope disc brakes, Hope front hub, Mavic XC717 rims, Fox Vanilla forks, Kore bars, Token carbon bar ends, Sella Flite saddle and Panracer XC Pro tyres. I have fitted/made the brackets for the forks which are easily removed. The frame has no mounting points for mudgaurds or a rack. I will change the gear oil before the sale. I have had the forks serviced once by Fox and they work excellently with no leakage from the seals. These are really good forks!
Pictures are here:-
https://flic.kr/s/aHskTUhsAo
The first 9 pictures are from the last week. The remainder are from last year. The bike will come as shown in the first lot of pictures with either the road or off road pedals as desired.
The Enduro pdf link is below:-
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=6975.0
Just scroll down to the Enduro.

Reluctant sale but this bike needs to be used and my interests are now in other areas. Bike is located in Wadebridge, North Cornwall. I am willing to travel up to Exeter to meet for collection (with small allowance for fuel) if required. I can also arrange for viewing/collection from Poole, Dorset if given some notice. Ideally I would like collection only but I will consider couriering at buyers expense. I am looking for £1050.00 ono.
Message me for more info or pics. Thanks for looking :D
ps I may be selling a similar condition Thorn Sport Tour in the next few weeks if anyone interested :)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 11:07:15 am by sweats »

selmer

Re: Thorn Raven Enduro
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 04:45:31 pm »
Hi I'm interested in the thorn enduro bike is it still for sale?Thanks Ben

sweats

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 10:17:20 pm »
Yes still for sale. PM sent. :)

sweats

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 11:38:50 am »