Author Topic: Stolen Thorn bikes  (Read 1732 times)

timbo

Stolen Thorn bikes
« on: September 09, 2019, 02:26:37 pm »
Firstly can I introduce myself, this is my first posting on this forum. I am grateful for the detailled technical advice others have posted here. Many thanks to you all.

My two Thorn bikes were stolen from a garage in Taunton on the night of 6-7th September. The Police are involved and investigating. I have attached a pciture of the  stolen Thorn Audax Mk3 (570 size). At the time it was stolen it also had a black Profile bottle cage and some masking tape as temporary protection on the chainstay. The other bike was a Thorn Club Tour (580L) in flat bar configuration. The attached pictures are of a near identical bike; the only differences are the saddle, the frame size and the number of spacers on the steerer (I built the pictured bike and the stolen bike at the same time so am certain they are the same, with these exceptions).

If you have any information about these bikes or are offered one for sale I would be grateful for information. They are great bikes and I will miss them.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Tim

P.S This is my first post so I hope I have attached the pictures correctly. If not I will try again!

lewis noble

Re: Stolen Thorn bikes
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 03:04:52 pm »
Very sorry to hear this, Tim . . . what a pain. 

We all hope they are recovered in good condition.

Lewis - Sheffield (. . . tho' currently in Provence).

mickeg

Re: Stolen Thorn bikes
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 03:22:48 pm »
Keep an eye on any local used stuff internet postings for your area over the next week or two.  Some people have tried to sell recently stolen goods on the internet in the past.

A friend of mine, his daughter a few years ago had a bike stolen. A few days later she saw it for sale on the internet, but since she did not have proof of ownership, she got no assistance from the local police, in that case crime did pay.