Author Topic: Raven Tour and Rohloff Tools  (Read 150 times)

spoof

Raven Tour and Rohloff Tools
« on: August 04, 2019, 10:40:07 PM »
Hi all,

Thought I try here first to see if anyone has any the following tools for Thorn Raven Tour and Rohloff internal mech hub they no longer need so I can put them to use as part of the bike toolkit.

1) Thorn Raven Tour model Eccentric Spanner tool
2) Rohloff Cable Hook tool
3) Rohloff Set of Hub / Shifter Cable Measuring Aids Tube 165mm

Do get in touch if you have them to move on, I can reply quite quick and am based in the UK for postage.

Much appreciated & thanks
Kyle

PH

Re: Raven Tour and Rohloff Tools
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 10:19:57 AM »
Can't help you Kyle, but just like to say in 15 years of Rohloff ownership and maintenance I've never felt the need for any of those.
1) The spanner can just be any bog standard pin spanner, or I prefer using a couple of set screws and a bar between them.
2) I've never seen these, aren't they just a fancy version of 3)?
3) it's a piece of tube, I have a bit from B&Q that I could send you, but the postage would probably be more than it cost.  I heard of someone, probably on here, using plastic straws joined together, that's as good as anything.

Don't get me wrong, I love good tools, but IMO money is better spent on those that give you a real benefit, the Rohloff Revolver chain tool for example is a thing of wonder.

spoof

Re: Raven Tour and Rohloff Tools
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 11:05:10 PM »
Thanks for the advice PH. I never knew the name of that type of spanner and a quick google it looks just the part for the job and a lot cheaper.
(2) Pretty much is a fancy measuring tool for the gear cables by attaching into the gear pulley bayonet. Re-reading the manual it looks a simple cut to be honest in line with the top of the gear pulley bayonet connector. Kit almost complete already I think cheers  :)