Author Topic: Original Brooks Conquest saddle for sale  (Read 6402 times)

BrianW

Original Brooks Conquest saddle for sale
« on: July 15, 2019, 10:00:48 pm »
I have an original Brooks Conquest saddle for sale. Black leather and metal work with copper rivets.
As a teenager, my son used it for one off-road Scottish coast-to-coast trip but found it too firm to live with. (If only he had persevered it would be just about broken in by now - he's 38!). Apart from that it's unused.
Leather is in good condition. Some rust on the nuts which could be replaced.

Further details and photos available on request.

stenvanleuffel

Re: Original Brooks Conquest saddle for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 03:07:00 pm »
Hello, seems  like this is an old post and i'm sure somebody has picked up the saddle already, but in case it's still available, I'd like  to have a look at it.

BrianW

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 11:12:29 am »
Apologies for the delay in responding to your inquiry - I had forgotten about my original post. 

The answer is "yes", I still have the Conquest saddle.  If you are still interested I can recover it from storage and either post photos or send you them by personal message.

(For anyone else reading this I also still have a complete Thorn Raven 420ST bike in virtually mint condition)

Petepne2

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 11:47:19 pm »
Did this ever sell ?

in4

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 01:17:21 am »
I had a Conquest and despite its best efforts I eventually conquered it and we became firm friends for many kms. I sold it on with my MK1 Nomad, partly because it was a bit heavy and it didn’t have any saddle loops. To this day I admonish myself worse than an errant Jesuit would. In the words of one Captain Mainwaring ‘Stupid Boy’ 
If you get it, keep it.

I’m sure there’s a rich ‘I wish I hadn’t sold’ thread to be started.

BrianW

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 02:40:08 pm »
I still have the Brooks Conquest saddle and the Raven Tour 420ST.  I'm aiming to post ads for the Raven within the next week or two.  It's still in mint condition with no additional mileage since originally posted.