Author Topic: Suspension forks for Nomad Mk2  (Read 1996 times)

one arm bandit

Suspension forks for Nomad Mk2
« on: July 04, 2019, 05:17:38 pm »
Just want to see if they suit me so ideally a cheap used pair would do. Trouble is with V brakes and 80mm travel there's not much choice nowadays. Anyone got any laying about here in the UK?

one arm bandit

Re: Suspension forks for Nomad Mk2
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 02:18:44 pm »
Should have added has anybody an recommendations for a suitable fork.

mickeg

Re: Suspension forks for Nomad Mk2
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 08:34:16 pm »
Several years ago I bought a 100mm suspension fork for my Nomad Mk II, size 590M.

I initially was looking for a good quality used one as I did not expect to use it very much, but I found that virtually all used ones had a steerer tube that was too short for the length of head tube I had along with an Thorn Accessory T bar and some spacers.

I eventually found a new RockShox XC32 (not 100 percent sure of model?), that functioned nicely, but is a low end fork when considering weight and quality.  But since I am not a highly skilled mountain biker, that fork is more than adequate for the riding I have done.  It was new so the steerer tube had not been cut.  It was shorter than the steerer tube on the solid fork on my Nomad although I had cut down the solid fork, but the one on the suspension fork was long enough to work well enough.  I got it on Ebay from a dealer in 2014, it was old stock that they wanted to get rid of.

I am not selling mine.  Just commenting on the one I got.

If you find a good fork, I suggest a new crown race for the fork on the headset instead of trying to use the one from your other fork.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:38:13 pm by mickeg »