Author Topic: 2013 Thorn Sterling For Sale - Rohloff  (Read 2571 times)

playlord

2013 Thorn Sterling For Sale - Rohloff
« on: June 28, 2019, 03:46:23 pm »
My Thorn Sterling is for sale. I bought it after a road accident I had in 2011 as I'd lost confidence for road riding and intended to stay on tracks and off road in general.  But it hasn't been used much - I found myself too nervous  (and too old) for riding any rough stuff on it and I've often felt I bought far too much bike for what I needed. But I've always bought Thorn - this is my fifth bike from them including a used one I bought last year - I am cautiously back on the very quiet roads of the Isle of Bute with that.

Anyway, I doubt it has done fifty miles in the past year and it's done less than 500 since new although I've kept up the annual oil service. Buyer has the option of me changing the oil or I will send the full oil change kit with the bike.

Size is 590 M/L  I am 5.11 with a 30 inch inseam.

It has a Thudbuster fitted and Topeak rack.

It cost over £2250 in 2013. I haven't a clue how to price it now so I am open to offers.

I've created a Google Site and loaded the pictures there along with a copy of the invoice. It's only viewable to members of this forum (unless someone stumbles across it)  Heres the link:  https://sites.google.com/gamtrain.com/bikeforsale/home

Please respond via this thread. I'm based in Rothesay, Isle of Bute

Many thanks.
Joe

Inbred

Re: 2013 Thorn Sterling For Sale - Rohloff
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 10:52:39 am »
Hello!
I've just sent you a message about the Sterling.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers! 🙂👍

playlord

Re: 2013 Thorn Sterling For Sale - Rohloff
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 11:51:37 am »
The bike has been sold.

Thanks to all who had a look, anyway.

Joe