Author Topic: Thorn Comfort bars  (Read 6983 times)

jul

Thorn Comfort bars
« on: May 07, 2019, 07:12:05 pm »
Hi,

I'm looking for a Thorn Comfort handlebars black color.

julk

Re: Thorn Comfort bars
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 08:18:18 pm »

jul

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 11:07:29 pm »
Thanks Julian, yes i will prefer used but in good condition. New with shipping to france, it's a little expensive  for a handlebar..

julk

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 12:40:08 pm »
julio,
I replace mine every 4 or 5 years.
You can have mine in a month or so if you want them (they are just over 4 years old and in good condition).
Bars for free, carriage for the cost.
What is the best/cheapest way to send them to France for you from the UK?

The reason I change them is some years ago my GB alloy handlebars broke whilst riding.
I was lucky that time and only broke a rib on landing, also went sideways out of the commuting traffic stream.
I am now use Thorn Comfort Bars and change them every 4 or 5 years to avoid any chance at all of a breakage.
The ones that broke had been creaking - I did not know at that time that the creaking could be caused by a crystalline fracture of the bars.
Julian.

rafiki

• rafikiPHOTO
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 05:26:50 pm »
I think I'll try these bars as i could do with reducing the reach these days. One thing - will they be OK with Ergon GP5 bar ends? The backwards sweep won't put them at an difficult angle?
Brian.

jul

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 06:46:16 pm »
I think I'll try these bars as i could do with reducing the reach these days. One thing - will they be OK with Ergon GP5 bar ends? The backwards sweep won't put them at an difficult angle?

I heard somewhere that it's possible, but in my opinion i don't see the interest to add bar ends on this handlebar, as well i find this extension unsightly specially on this Comfort handlebar..

Julian,
I'm ok to receive your handlebar, thanks very much ! and in one month it will be ok for me, i will communicate to you my address at this moment.
I think Royal AirMail should be fine.. you will tell me the price, for information i can pay you by Paypal, if you have this process..

About me, i ride with a flat bars, i think it's this one :
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/handlebars/thorn-mkiii-flat-track-bars-10-deg-254mm-clamp-580mm-black/

I feel very comfortable with it, but i'm curious to try the Comfort bars and  i would like to reduce my stem height, i still find it  to high.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:49:13 pm by julio »