Author Topic: Clickstand measurement for a big Nomad  (Read 3044 times)

Stretchom

Clickstand measurement for a big Nomad
« on: May 03, 2019, 08:25:10 am »
Does anyone have a 620L Nomad who would kindly share the following measurements so I can order a Clickstand for the Nomad that I have ordered and will be collecting early June to ride back to Sweden?
"Contact height" - vertical distance in mm from ground to where the bottom, or underside, of the top tube meets the seat tube;
"Cradle size" -  the diameter, the distance across or width in mm of top tube;
more detailed measurement instructions are on: http://www.click-stand.com/measure-your-bike.html
Thank you  :)

macspud

Re: Clickstand measurement for a big Nomad
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 10:13:09 am »
Doing the calculations from the measurements given in the mega brochure, the seat tube is 72.5 degrees and c to c is 520mm and so vertical measurement would be 520 X sin(72.5) = 496mm minus the bottom bracket drop 35mm = 461mm plus radius of 26" wheel with 2" tyre 327mm = 788 minus half top tube diameter 16mm = 772mm to the underside of the top tube at the point in the middle of the seat tube.

So the height of the contact point should equal 774mm or as near as makes no difference.

Top tube diameter 31.8mm.

I think I have calculated that correctly but best check to make sure.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 11:26:27 pm by macspud »

mickeg

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 03:29:27 pm »
Have you asked SJS if they have a Nomad of that size in the shop that is already assembled? 

If in doubt, if it is a bit long, you just set the stand a bit farther away from the bike, not a problem.  But if the stand is too short, that makes it less stable.  Especially on soft ground where the stand could sink in.

The photo is not a Nomad, it is my folding bike.  And it is not a click stand, it is a piece of tent pole, but functions the same way.  You can see that the stand is set on the ground pretty far from the bike, farther than I would like, but it makes my point that if the stand was slightly longer instead of slightly shorter, that is not a big deal.  Plus if necessary it could be sawn down a bit later.

Stretchom

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 03:37:35 pm »
Thanks macspud for those impressive calculations!!! I can use a tape measure but your figures are way beyond my mathematical ability, so I'm going to go with them.
And thanks mikeg too. I did ask SJS but they said they would have to wait until bike was built. Good tip on longer versus shorter.
Much appreciated to you both  :)