Author Topic: Rohloff Hub Registration  (Read 17008 times)

Dave Whittle Thorn Workshop

• Thorn Cycles
Rohloff Hub Registration
« on: April 03, 2019, 12:55:54 pm »
Its now possible to register your hub online:

https://www.rohloff.de/en/service/my-speedhub/registration/

Please make sure you have done this, it doesn't matter how old your hub is. The registration process ensures Rohloff have a copy of the purchase receipt on file, so that this does not need to be located and presented in the rare case where a warranty claim must be submitted. This accelerates the lead time of any such claims as well as validating various courtesy repair options once the warranty period has expired.

If you are ever unfortunate enough to have a SPEEDHUB stolen, then please inform Rohloff of this so they can flag the serial number as such. Nearly every SPEEDHUB returns to Rohloff service department at some time for servicing or conversion work. The relevant authorities will be informed if hubs arrive where the serial number is flagged as stolen. To date Rohloff have managed to return approximately 50% of all stolen hubs to their rightful owners!

If you cant remember if your hub is registered email service@rohloff.de

IF your registering a used hub please visit https://www.rohloff.de/en/service/my-speedhub/transfer-registration/

Matt2matt2002

Re: Rohloff Hub Registration
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:27:15 pm »
Good information.
My hub is used since I purchased it on a second hand Raven. I think I'm the third owner.
There are the facilities to register news hubs and also transfer ownership but what about my situation?
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

• Thorn Cycles
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 03:05:05 pm »
Good information.
My hub is used since I purchased it on a second hand Raven. I think I'm the third owner.
There are the facilities to register news hubs and also transfer ownership but what about my situation?

Fill out the transfer registration form

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 03:26:41 pm »
Previous owner mandatory

* fields marked with asterisks are mandatory
( From the registration page )
Sorry if I'm missing something here.

• Thorn Cycles
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 03:31:52 pm »
If you know the name of the person put that in, if not put eBay and the auction number in, or purchased on Gumtree etc....

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 05:32:29 pm »
If you know the name of the person put that in, if not put eBay and the auction number in, or purchased on Gumtree etc....

Thanks.

rafiki

• rafikiPHOTO
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 07:11:44 am »
Does Thorn register the Speedhub with Roehloff when it is fitted to a new bike build?
Brian.

• Thorn Cycles
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 09:13:35 am »
Does Thorn register the Speedhub with Rohloff when it is fitted to a new bike build?

No we can't pass on your details due to GDPR and its not a requirement of the statutory warranty, hence the end user needs to.

rafiki

• rafikiPHOTO
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 09:52:12 am »
OK thanks Dave. I ask because looking at the invoice for my Sterling 9 years ago mentions the Rohloff in the spec but gives no details.
Brian.

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 08:04:16 pm »
Done it.😇 I had the very devil of a job finding my receipt. Only thing is the receipt is for my RST which was not actually built for me so it is not detailed. It does however mention the 19T sprocket for a Rohloff that I had fitted. Hope this is enough. Otherwise I don’t know what I’ll do.🥺

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!