Author Topic: CSS, is it discontinued?  (Read 13789 times)

mickeg

Re: CSS, is it discontinued?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 04:42:58 pm »
 I'm most worried about using up my stock of swisstop blue pads!

It sounds like the rims work well with regular pads once the rough surface has been worn down.  So, perhaps by the time you use up your blue pads, your rim will be ready for other pads?

Dave Whittle Thorn Workshop

• Thorn Cycles
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 09:15:35 am »

brummie

mickeg

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 10:01:57 pm »
Don't forget Kool Stop do pads too https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/brake-blocks/koolstop-v-brake-block-inserts-for-rigida-carbide-rims/

Promising reviews too !

When I built up my Nomad in 2013, I bought the Koolstop CSS pads as the Swisstop were not in stock at the time.  I have had no complaints about the Koolstop, other than I am getting to the point where I will probably need new pads in another year or two.  I already bought spares some years ago.

Mike Ayling

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 11:55:57 pm »
After contacting Ryde's OEM Manager I can confirm CSS is indeed a thing of the past on all rims.  Only rims people have left on the shelf will be CSS.

We do have about 40 of Andra 30 CSS Rohloff and 70 Andra 30 CSS Regular Drilling and about 40 Grizzy CSS left in 32h.

They will shortly be removed from the bike build options, sorry folks, seems like Disc Brakes are the cause of all this.

Dave,

Will you be offering any rim brake options or will it all be discs?

Mike

Dave Whittle Thorn Workshop

• Thorn Cycles
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 08:20:40 am »
Dave,

Mike

For the foreseeable all our bikes will still be able to take rim brakes (except the Mercury frame)

Mike Ayling

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2019, 11:58:17 pm »
Dave,

Mike

For the foreseeable all our bikes will still be able to take rim brakes (except the Mercury frame)

G'day Dave

My Mercury (maybe three years old) has a front fork with Shimano XT V brake and braze ons for a front rack.
I suspect that the seat stays are too light to take braze ons for V brakes which is why I had to settle for a disc on the Rohloff hub.
My question to you is has anything changed in the Mercury design?

Mike