Author Topic: For sale Tandem Club website: Thorn Me'nU'2 kiddiback triplet and roof carrier  (Read 2506 times)

hjac02

Selling Thorn Me'nU2 triplet with roof carrier:  https://tandem-club.org.uk/forSale?cmd=view&id=19

Mike Ayling

The link says ad no longer available = has it been sold?

Mike

hjac02

No it hasn't been sold.  Thank you for highlighting it.  I have copied the link again:  https://tandem-club.org.uk/forSale?cmd=view&id=190

If you copy and paste into browser this link did work.  Let me know if it didn't and I will post full advert here.

hjac02

Link didn't work again so here is the details:
Thorn Me'n'U2 kiddiback triplet with roof carrier £1200
We have loved this bike but our children have now outgrown it so we want it to have a new home.
The bike is designed for 1 adult 5'4"+ per Thorn (our captain was 6') on the front , child age 7-12 in middle,  and child age 4-10 on the rear.  Unlike the new version, ours has double drilled cranks in the middle as well as at the rear and can also be used with crank shorteners. We used upside down drop handlebars when they were small to address the reach and pedals with toe clips/straps to keep feet safe. We used it from age 6-13 on both seats (depends on heights).
It has mudguards and a rear pannier rack, caliper brakes front and rear as well as a drag brake on the rear  (good for control on downhills). There are 27 gears operating by a twist gear shifter. We never needed to walk uphill and did some steep ones.
We have loved this bike and shall be sorry to part company but are keen to share the fun. We used it for the school runs with a trailer (extra long vehicle) and regular holidays with the Tandem Club. Perfect for family cycling and more stable than a tagalong.
We are also selling the Pendle type roof carrier (triplet length) with it which secures flat onto your roof bars.

energyman

Link OK