Author Topic: Having cause...  (Read 4644 times)

in4

Having cause...
« on: February 22, 2019, 02:12:33 am »
...I'm minded to voice my thanks to all our forum contributors and particularly The Sage of Oregon, Dan. Taking a stroll around other forii(!?) devoted to cycling,  birding and outdoor-type interests in general, I notice how many posts are peppered with rash comments, ill-conceived views, intolerance and, at times  unpleasantness. One forum I used to contribute to became so  populated by self-referencing know it all's, and thin skinned snowflakes I left the room, not to return.

Now brrrr, this pulpit is far too cold and drafty for me. I'm a-comin down to be amongst the generous, good humoured and thoroughly good eggs that make up our forum. Dan's at the bar y'all! See you there. ;D

leftpoole

Re: Having cause...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 10:53:01 am »
 :)

tyreon

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 09:49:59 am »
I am often surprised at the good posts here with the support.

I was brought up in 1950s Britain. It was cold then. People were just recovering from the war. Parents were lucky to be alive. People were less emotive.

They expressed themselves as like this: not much.

Feel what I mean?

tyreon

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 10:10:16 am »
PS Leftpool: Ur bikes...and stuff?  :). I couldn't have had so many to justify the miles I have done. Less so these days...and as I speak,dicky back.
And as a paid up member of the shall I/shan't I? club there would be so many decisions I would have as to what bike to choose,to cycle where,to store where,to up maintain etc I would have to visit the doc for anxiolytics or go and volunteer for therapy.
Your posts/pics give me pleasure. Its nice to see good stuff. Happy miles

Mike Ayling

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 09:12:29 pm »
...I'm minded to voice my thanks to all our forum contributors and particularly The Sage of Oregon, Dan. Taking a stroll around other forii(!?)

The cognoscenti use the the plural form fora but I prefer the less pretentious English "forums".

Mike

in4

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 09:54:50 pm »
Gratias tibi ago, Mike :)

Mike Ayling

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 09:05:46 pm »
Gratias tibi ago, Mike :)

No worries mate!

Or perhaps: don'tmention it, old chap!

Mike
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:19:56 pm by Mike Ayling »

leftpoole

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 09:38:02 am »
PS Leftpool: Ur bikes...and stuff?  :). I couldn't have had so many to justify the miles I have done. Less so these days...and as I speak,dicky back.
And as a paid up member of the shall I/shan't I? club there would be so many decisions I would have as to what bike to choose,to cycle where,to store where,to up maintain etc I would have to visit the doc for anxiolytics or go and volunteer for therapy.
Your posts/pics give me pleasure. Its nice to see good stuff. Happy miles

Thank you!

leftpoole

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 09:39:05 am »
I am often surprised at the good posts here with the support.

I was brought up in 1950s Britain. It was cold then. People were just recovering from the war. Parents were lucky to be alive. People were less emotive.

They expressed themselves as like this: not much.

Feel what I mean?

I too am a 1950's baby. Yes it was cold!