Author Topic: Complexities in touring  (Read 12080 times)

Andre Jute

Re: Complexities in touring
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2019, 06:33:55 pm »
hah ha you had me murdered climbing that feckin healy pass  i was boiling up besides i was only doing 2mph at that time. ;D ;D ;D

I walked up the Healey Pass faster than that.

Mind you, Mairead, who was carrying my water, lunch and a clean shirt for me to put on at the top, later claimed I cursed the fellow striking out ahead all the way to hell and back to purgatory for another stint to teach him humility for those of us who aren't PT teachers.

jags

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2019, 07:35:31 pm »
it's a tough ould climb on a fully loaded touring bike Andre ,
these days i couldn't even walk up it :'(

tyreon

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2019, 08:47:55 am »
Cycle helmets in Spain: Thanks for notification. I did know the law and worried about it a bit. Cycled there several years and past many police who ignored us. I don't think they want to enforce the law unless you are in some fracas. I tend think they see us as northern European tourists just passing thru and not causing any harm. I cant see them enforcing it with the locals too. Some Spanish road men passsed us,but cant remember if they were wearing lids - I guess they were. I don't think the Spanish police see enforcing helmet wear as top priority..

I wonder whther this would be so in Australia. Country road,1 motorized vehicle every 4 hrs,non helmet wearing cyclist meets two passing police in a car... What next? Paper boy in bush town goes down to collect some cigs for his dad,meets police at the corner. Fine? what makes sense?

jags

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2019, 11:40:51 am »
cycled the Camino in Spain  wore my helmet most of the time except on those long mountain passes het was unreal.
lovely country tho.

rafiki

• rafikiPHOTO
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2019, 01:16:25 pm »
Interesting. I must get up there and do it soon. Where did you begin and how long did you spend on it? Do you have a bolg about it somewhere?
Brian.

jags

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2019, 07:31:46 pm »
started in Bilbao  to Santiago great trip,we cheated a bit done it on road bike but still tough enough  ,
one of the lads did have a blog on it.
if i find it ill post it here  but don't hold your breath  ;D ;)
ah here u go 2007 thats me in blue top.
travellingwheelburys.blogspot.com/2007/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 07:34:27 pm by jags »

jags

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2019, 07:34:50 pm »
travellingwheelburys.blogspot.com/2007/

rafiki

• rafikiPHOTO
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2019, 10:39:31 am »
I'll take a look, thanks. I may have a week to myself in early June.
Brian.