Author Topic: Yellow Nomad MK II for Sale located in USA  (Read 2882 times)

DrJim

Yellow Nomad MK II for Sale located in USA
« on: January 19, 2019, 03:08:46 am »
This bicycle is a great example of a true expedition bike. I originally bought it for the specific purpose of living in a rural area of India. It had to be low maintenance, high durability and reliable. A bicycle to last a life time with little fuss, really comfortable and lots of fun. Well plans change and I never ended up taking it there. Instead I ended up in Hospital with and illness and surgery for a week with a 5 week recovery time and no trip to India.
You will notice it has the Rohloff 14 speed internal gearing. Brilliant, almost no maintenance there..just change the oil once a year and check the chain.

I mostly use my Thorn Audax here in the US (near Atlanta Georgia) so the Nomad ended up sitting in the garage with occasional 2 to 7 mile commutes to work. As a result it is in excellent condition. In other words, since I bought it 1 1/2 years ago, this lovely bike has not been utilized much while under my care.....So it is time to sell and recoup the investment. This bike was made and bought in 2013 and I am the second owner. As I understand it from the first owner he did some minor trips in the UK but that was it.

It is Size 565L…..I am 5’ 9” with a 30.5’ inseam and this bike fits me great.

The Thorn Nomad new starts at around 2413 Pounds Sterling or $3108 dollars… so I am firm in my asking price of $2300 as I just want to get what I paid for it and I know this is a lot of bike for the money.
Professional Shipping will be extra.

I will post a few more photos in a day or so.

Bike on Lads and Lassies!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 12:54:36 am by DrJim »
James H. Oppenheim, DC, MPH

mickeg

Re: Tonka Yellow Nomad II for Sale
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 03:20:07 am »
I am not interested, I have a Nomad.

It might help if you stated what country you are in.

An FYI, if you are in USA you might find that BikeFlights.com is the cheapest way to ship a bike within USA.

DrJim

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 04:00:48 am »
Ok Thank you....yes I am in the state of Georgia in the USA
James H. Oppenheim, DC, MPH

jags

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 02:11:52 pm »
best of luck with sale hope your on the mend.

anto.

windy

Re: Tonka Yellow Nomad II for Sale USA
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 11:47:51 pm »
might be worth stating youre in the USA in the thread title mate