Author Topic: Upgrade front dynamo light?  (Read 13055 times)

B cereus

Re: Upgrade front dynamo light?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 02:02:54 pm »
I've no experience of the Edelux II. As others have said, it has a wider beam than the original. That said, I've never considered my Edelux to be lacking in beam width.

Others have also commented elsewhere on greater near field illumination of the Edelux II, which some like and others find distracting because of bright spots. Within limits the beam shapes of these lights can be  tailored to individual preferences by careful aiming and its worth experimenting in this respect.

Inbred

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 08:35:26 am »
Further developments...

I recently had the chance to try out a friend's bike, which has an identical hub to mine and an Edelux II headlight.

I was very disappointed, to say the least :-/

The output was nowhere near that of my current rechargeable Lezyne Megadrive lights.

As I seldom ride in darkness, I think I'll just stick with them and sell on my Dynamo wheel and light!

So, if anyone is interested in a 26", Son 28 / Rigida Andra 30 CSS wheel and/or a Schmidt E6 headlight, just let me know!

Thanks for all the help :-)

geocycle

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 05:18:42 pm »
Further developments...

I recently had the chance to try out a friend's bike, which has an identical hub to mine and an Edelux II headlight.

I was very disappointed, to say the least :-/

The output was nowhere near that of my current rechargeable Lezyne Megadrive lights.

As I seldom ride in darkness, I think I'll just stick with them and sell on my Dynamo wheel and light!

So, if anyone is interested in a 26", Son 28 / Rigida Andra 30 CSS wheel and/or a Schmidt E6 headlight, just let me know!

Thanks for all the help :-)

I'm pleased you've reached a conclusion even if it wasn't where you thought you'd be.  Rechargeables are likely to be more powerful and for infrequent use just as convenient.  As with everything on bikes, the specific intended use is everything.