Technical > General Technical

Thorn Raven Tour Bottom Bracket

(1/2) > >>

Skitch:
Hi. Just doing some routine maintenance on my pre-owned 2008 Raven Tour and decided to check out the bottom bracket as it looksed a bit ropey, it’s taken quite a bit to remove the BB itself not the eccentric shell. Due possibly to 3 reasons. 1 the length of time it’s actually been installed??. 2 someone in the past has tightened the retaining screws of the eccentric shell in the wrong position into the thinnest part of the shell damaging the internal threads, lastly I think the BB I’ve removed could be the wrong size as it’s a 73mm Shimano UN-54 with a over all length of 110mm..
I’m thinking it should be a 68mm but unsure of the overall length? Can anyone advise please. Cheers Ian.

Dave B:
Just replaced my BB on my 2012 Nomad, was a pain to remove. Replaced like for like.
Looking at the original it reads: BBC UN55, 73 BC1.37 x 24 MM110.  Suspect your Raven will run the same part. I would double check with SJS and get them to ship you the correct parts.

Skitch:
Thanks Dave. I didn’t expect a response that Quick. 👍. Yeah there not easy to remove I had to put mine in a vice with some towel to protect the outer shell which had been damaged internally anyway so I think I’ll have to get a replacement from SJS yeah I’ll check with them as you suggested. Cheers.

StuntPilot:
Not yet had to replace my bottom bracket on a Thorn Raven Tour 2009. I did purchase a replacement for spares and was advised by SJS Cycles that it was 68mm 110 that was required. I purchased the UN55 68mm 110.

As Dave B mentioned the UN55 73mm, I would recheck with Thorn to get a definitive answer.

macspud:
68mm https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/bottom-brackets/eccentric-bottom-bracket-insert-fits-raven-tour-mk1-sport-tour-only/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version