Author Topic: Majorca?  (Read 4620 times)

jzdparis

Majorca?
« on: October 26, 2018, 08:27:22 am »
Just wondered if anyone has any experience of cycle touring here ... have trawled the web but there is little info available, and conflicting info re camping. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jane

geocycle

Re: Majorca?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 09:29:39 am »
Majorca is a paradise island for cyclists!  It has large flat sections in the centre, an interesting coast, great heritage sites and a string of mountains across the north coast.  Not surprisingly it promotes cycling heavily and is almost overrun with sportive style riders and professional teams especially in the spring 'training' period. Palma is busy and there are some package tourist haunts to avoid but the agro-tourism scene is strong and you can get some great bed and breakfasts.  We stayed on a farm near Llucmajor and explored the quieter southern parts. We drove through the mountains which looked to have some great climbs.

bikepacker

• Bikepacker
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 11:03:41 am »
My wife and I have toured extensively in Majorca and as previously stated it is a paradise for cyclists especially in the winter months when the climate is ideal for cycling. He is the link to one of our tours. http://www.by-bike.co.uk/mallorca.htm
If you want to be happy learn to be alone without being lonely.
If you want to enjoy the world see it from the saddle of a bike.
If you want to experience beauty camp alone in a spectacular place.
If you want release your anxieties cease excuses and take actions.

jags

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 09:12:03 pm »
winter in the sun Alan on lovely smooth roads heaven.
and no camping  ;D ;D ;D ;D

bikepacker

• Bikepacker
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 09:17:10 am »
Unfortunately no Majorca this winter. Pauline this week has had major surgery to remove some nasty cysts growing inside her. The best estimate is that it will be 12 weeks before she can ride her bike again. 
If you want to be happy learn to be alone without being lonely.
If you want to enjoy the world see it from the saddle of a bike.
If you want to experience beauty camp alone in a spectacular place.
If you want release your anxieties cease excuses and take actions.

jzdparis

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 11:12:42 am »
Thank you for these very encouraging posts.  I feel much more enthusiastic about it now! 

jags

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 11:40:11 am »
Unfortunately no Majorca this winter. Pauline this week has had major surgery to remove some nasty cysts growing inside her. The best estimate is that it will be 12 weeks before she can ride her bike again.
ah sorry to hear that give her my best wishes.
anto.