Author Topic: this is nice video  (Read 9007 times)

julk

Re: this is nice video
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2018, 07:59:02 pm »
Dan,
Many thanks for the great work you do running this forum for us all.
It is appreciated.
Julian.

bobs

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 08:15:38 pm »
+1    many times over.

macspud

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 11:08:33 pm »
Dan,
Many thanks for the great work you do running this forum for us all.
It is appreciated.
Julian.

+1

John Saxby

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 02:43:01 am »
Aye. +1

Take it easy, lads.  I'm in mind of Joni Mitchell's line, "Oh you don't know what you've got/'Til it's gone."

martinf

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 08:39:11 am »
I'd also like to thank Dan, both for his commitment to running the forum and for all the time and trouble he takes in replying to queries, posting technical fixes and all the rest - for example I copied some of Dan's modifications while tweaking my Raven Tour touring bike.

Like others, I have posted photos of non-Thorns, discussed e-bikes, Bromptons and other topics not directly related to Thorn or St John Street Cycles, and I think Dan manages to strike a good balance on these issues.

Over the years I have bought two complete bikes from St John Street Cycles, these were my first Brompton back on 2001 and my Raven Tour touring bike in 2011. I have since bought three more Thorn frames that I built up myself, using a mix of components from St John Street Cycles and elsewhere. I didn't buy my more recent Bromptons from St John Street Cycles because the Brompton company doesn't allow UK distributors to ship complete bikes to France, but I buy nearly all my Brompton spares from St John Street Cycles because their mail order service is far better than trying to source through French Brompton distributors.

Andre Jute

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 01:39:45 pm »
This is a storm in a chamberpot, about the fact that this side of the Atlantic we think it rude to mention "profit" in public, in the US they think it limp not to mention "profit".

There is a member of this forum who contributes a great deal to the forum but doesn't own a Thorn bike.

Yo, Bob, I ride on a Brooks saddle I bought from Thorn, with matching grips bought from Thorn, and on pedals I bought from Thorn, and more components on my bike from Thorn anytime their horrendous carriage charges to Ireland doesn't make the order unbalanced. 

A shout-out for Dan the indispensable Admin, and a shout-out for Jags, who is taking being embarrassed by what should have been done in private with his usual cheerful equilibrium.

leftpoole

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 03:14:00 pm »
Maybe we all need to make more of the "Muppets thread" 
John as someone  who has suffered poor health I would have thought that you would have embraced the ebike concept as a way of extending your enjoyment of the outdoors. Perhaps you don't fully understand the concept or how they work. I for one would get one when the time comes.

Bob

Bob,
Not a chance. I despise the things and the thought of actually having one in my house fills me with dread. I would rather be dead!
John

jags

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 06:29:41 pm »
Aye. +1

Take it easy, lads.  I'm in mind of Joni Mitchell's line, "Oh you don't know what you've got/'Til it's gone."
;D ;D wise woman that Joni  ;D.

bobs

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2018, 07:37:37 pm »
Andre, there was nothing implied when I mentioned your bike other than how much useful information you provide. We all contribute to Thorn/SJSC and will do so as long as they provide the service that they do.
I'm sure Robin is aware of how E bikes have taken off in Europe and that there is a market here for them to.

John,  I hope you have many more years ahead of you to enjoy your cycling.

Bob

Andre Jute

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2018, 10:50:47 pm »
Andre, there was nothing implied when I mentioned your bike other than how much useful information you provide. We all contribute to Thorn/SJSC and will do so as long as they provide the service that they do.

Oh, I took that the right way, Bob; flattered that you should think so.

energyman

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2018, 04:55:12 pm »
I want one too !!

[Sorry to say, this ^^^ is exactly why I deleted Anto's link above...this is the Thorn Cycling Forum and Thorn don't (yet) produce a fully integrated e-Bike. They do, however, pay the costs to provide this Forum as a playground for discussion of their branded bikes and related topics...touring, mechanical issues, accessories, all the things that might conceivably be Thorn related or would also work on a Thorn. If other brands are featured here then it can create a "want" at cross purposes to selling items from Thorn and its sister company, St. John's Street Cycles. The best way to support the Forum and ensure its future is to purchase things from Thorn/SJS Cycles so it will be worth their while to continue. All the best,  Dan.]

How about "I want one too but only if sold by SJS" ?

Keep up the moderating, thanks Dan :)