Technical > General Technical

Bracketry for lights and saddlebags

(1/4) > >>

leftpoole:
[This topic originated as a branch from JoeB's gallery entry about his two Thorns: http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=8317.msg98573#new
Since it had gone off-topic, I split it and moved the tangential comments here to preserve the original thread. The photos of Joe B's bike below were a repost of originals still in his gallery at the link above. -- Dan.]

--- Quote from: Joe B on February 21, 2014, 08:58:08 pm ---Finally finished the Audax. It might be a while before I get the Tandem completed but as my stoker is currently hobbling about on crutches I don't suppose that will matter.

P1030147 by Joe.Audax, on Flickr

P1030149 by Joe.Audax, on Flickr

P1030150 by Joe.Audax, on Flickr

--- End quote ---

Hello,
Simply, FABULOUS!
Regards,
John

mickeg:
Thanks to both Joe B for photos and to Leftpoole for re-posting some of Joe B's photos.  I had not seen that saddle bag support on the Audax before.  It looks like a standard Carradice support, but with some extra reinforcement from some spare rack stays.

I might have to try to think harder about making something like that.  I had some plans for a winter project to make a support modeled after one I saw on a bike in Iceland two years ago, but now I have to do some re-thinking. 

leftpoole:

--- Quote from: mickeg on October 08, 2018, 05:30:39 pm ---Thanks to both Joe B for photos and to Leftpoole for re-posting some of Joe B's photos.  I had not seen that saddle bag support on the Audax before.  It looks like a standard Carradice support, but with some extra reinforcement from some spare rack stays.

I might have to try to think harder about making something like that.  I had some plans for a winter project to make a support modeled after one I saw on a bike in Iceland two years ago, but now I have to do some re-thinking.

--- End quote ---

I think those racks or stays only are available from Carradice.
John

jags:
it's a carradice expedition rack ok for barley saddlebag  but any thing bigger better off with a proper rack .

anto

mickeg:
I do not mean to diverge too much from the topic of the two beautiful bikes here, but I mentioned that I saw a bag support in Iceland, attached a photo.  But I was thinking making a support that is closer to horizontal by using two clamps on the seatpost instead of using the rack mounts on the frame seatstays.

I have a Nelson Longflap and a Pendle bag.  The Pendle does not really need a support, I have just hung it from a couple spring loops on my Conquest saddle that has no loops but is a sprung saddle.

I have commented before that I planned to use a sheet of Coroplast as a stiffener if I could ever find a source.  And I found that a store called Home Depot in USA sells Coroplast, so I bought a big sheet of it for several projects, including as a stiffener in each of my Carradice saddle bags.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version