Author Topic: Bettina  (Read 7979 times)

RST Scout

• Janet
Bettina
« on: September 20, 2018, 01:42:49 pm »
First of all, Anto do not sell your Audax. You will always regret it. I have recently gone through a period of not being interested in cycling, mainly due to not being well (anaemia and other things). But earlier this week I finally made it out with my cycling group (Cycling for Softies). I had to get the train home half way thru the ride so didn’t do many miles but do you know, I enjoyed it so much I went out the following day by myself and had a great time.
Here is a photo of Bettina on the TPT through our local pinewood on the way to a cycle cafe.

Chin up Anto,

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

John Saxby

Re: Bettina
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 03:18:15 pm »
Lovely bike, Janet.  (Nice trees, too!)

Keep well,

John

jags

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 05:51:34 pm »
cheers Janet ,i'm not selling the audax  it suits my riding style do it all bike  ;)..
ill sell the Dolan if i get a good price for it to good a bike to let it go for feck all .
i  can safely say Janet i won't be doing any more group riding just would no be able for it even in a slow group  nah i'll stick to solo much better for this ould bird.

lovely bike btw glad your getting the miles in safe riding kid.

anto.

leftpoole

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 11:00:51 am »
First of all, Anto do not sell your Audax. You will always regret it. I have recently gone through a period of not being interested in cycling, mainly due to not being well (anaemia and other things). But earlier this week I finally made it out with my cycling group (Cycling for Softies). I had to get the train home half way thru the ride so didn’t do many miles but do you know, I enjoyed it so much I went out the following day by myself and had a great time.
Here is a photo of Bettina on the TPT through our local pinewood on the way to a cycle cafe.

Chin up Anto,

Janet
Just for amusement. Here is a photograph of my medication delivered today.
John

jags

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 12:20:10 pm »
any EPO in that lot.

julk

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 09:15:39 pm »
John,
my mother was on a similar amount of medicines and lived to reach 96 years of age.

Given you cycle then you should be looking to get the telegram from the queen/king in due course ;D
Julian.

leftpoole

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 04:08:10 pm »
John,
my mother was on a similar amount of medicines and lived to reach 96 years of age.

Given you cycle then you should be looking to get the telegram from the queen/king in due course ;D
Julian.

Thanks for your confidence, but sadly very unlikely!
John

jags

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 05:09:28 pm »
strapped up here 24 hour monitor on im getting  chest pains so spend the morning with the doctor all kinds tests so far so good . i reckon someone is sticking pins in that rag doll lol..............

yeah seriously thinking of selling the Audax great bike and all as it is i don't think ill cycle again kinda lost interest mind u that could all change but i know i won't be touring again or doing 70 milers .

anyone know what kind of money this little beauty of mine is worth totally honest i dont remember what it cost me to  buy and build it up.

julk

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 05:38:50 pm »
anto,
don’t sell it!
Just get out for gentle rides on nice days and take it easy when/if overtaken by a young lady cyclist.
Julian.

jags

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 06:08:13 pm »
you could be right Julian ,once it's gone it's gone. :'(

John Saxby

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 08:57:51 pm »
Anto, take heed of Joni's words.  Wise woman, a buddy said  ;)

Echoing Julian's advice -- do easy rides on fine days when you're feeling good & there's nice scenery around.

Cheers,  John

jags

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 10:41:45 pm »
Anto, take heed of Joni's words.  Wise woman, a buddy said  ;)

Echoing Julian's advice -- do easy rides on fine days when you're feeling good & there's nice scenery around.

Cheers,  John
;)
my son said he would disown me if i sell my Thorn . ;D ;D
i'm going to service and clean it tomorrow (not that it needs it but sure  what the hell) put it in the spare room with the dolan they can have a chat about all the miles they covered in the lovely county of Louth  ;D
feck it i'm keeping it .

Anto

John Saxby

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 12:48:20 am »
i'm keeping it

'tis a wise man you are, Anto  ;)

jags

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 01:04:37 am »
Wise hah I don't think so John more a gobshite but an honest godshite. ;)