Community > Rohloff Internal Hub Gears

Rohloff Cable Repairs - London

(1/2) > >>

Fred A-M:
Just blowing off a few cobwebs in this forum so to speak!

I live in London, so occassionally when I have the very occassional a cabling issue with the Rohloff, I increasingly don't have the time to relearn and fix at a snail's pace.

Earlier this year, I had a cable issue (the cable attached to the hub itself) and took it to an outlet proclaiming themselves proficient in Rohloff, which sadly they weren't.  After about 5 miles, a connector barrel  duly came undone and the connector housing piece duly flew off because the cable hadn't been secured properly.  Thankfully managed find the piece after 30 minutes of scouring the road and re-thread and secure properly as the cable cut was still sufficiently clean.  However, other issues included a clunking EBB which had been way overtightened, and also an EBB alignment that was very questionable indeed.

So I'd appreciate any recommendations for any London-based mechanics whom you've had a satisfactory experience with. 

Cheers, Fred 

TheShipwright:
bikefix in WC1 do a lot with Rohloff. Not used them myself for any Rohloff work.

Fred A-M:
Thanks Shipwright - unfortunately that's the place I'm referring to above. - I've done most of my maintenance previously myself including cabling, but when you are paying someone to save you the time you expect them to get it right and in fact they got pretty much everything wrong as best as I could tell.   

I fed back to the owner as constructively as I could, but whilst acknowledging the schoolboy errors he was being too defensive of his mechanic for it to instill any confidence that lessons would be learned and for me to want to go back.   

So thanks again, but what I'm really after is recommendation based on actual personal satisfactory experience if at all possible!

geocycle:
Welcome back to the forum Fred! Great to know you still have the RST.  Your pics (and those of Fredered)  inspired me down the same route back in 2006 and I am still very happy.  Have moved the hub from a raven tour to a raven sport tour but otherwise still rohling along nicely.  Hope you find someone in London to get everything sorted for you when you get the wheel back from SJS. 

Danneaux:
Yes! Definitely echoing Geo's greeting; welcome back, Fred!

All the best,

Dan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version