Author Topic: KMC X1 Chain  (Read 11210 times)

Andre Jute

Re: KMC X1 Chain
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 01:02:36 am »
If the various KMC chains were marked for which specific chains they are, that would be quite helpful too.

KMC chains are marked with at least the primary model name on each side plate, at least on the two of which I have experience, Z8 and X8.

But I suspect you mean to say, "If the various KMC quicklinks were marked for which specific chains they are, that would be quite helpful too." A list on the packaging would be sufficient for dealers and cyclists to put their hands on the right quicklink.

mickeg

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 04:39:12 am »
If the various KMC chains were marked for which specific chains they are, that would be quite helpful too.

KMC chains are marked with at least the primary model name on each side plate, at least on the two of which I have experience, Z8 and X8.

But I suspect you mean to say, "If the various KMC quicklinks were marked for which specific chains they are, that would be quite helpful too." A list on the packaging would be sufficient for dealers and cyclists to put their hands on the right quicklink.

No, I meant the chain.  But after looking at this page:
http://kmcchain.us/chaintype/8-speed/
Maybe I can figure out from the looks of the chain with a magnifying glass what models my chains are. 

Several of my chains were bought without packaging from a bike charity that gets donations from a couple of major bike manufacturers.  They had some chains that were installed on bikes, but the bike frames were defective so the parts were stripped off the frames before the frames were destroyed, then parts that had been stripped off the bikes ended up in the hands of the charity.   I got a great deal on those KMC chains, they had previously been installed on bikes but had not been ridden so there was no wear on them.

Andre Jute

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2018, 06:11:46 am »
Sound like you got a got deal, George.

So as not to go too far off-topic on someone else's thread, I've posted a list of the KMC 7/8 speed and X1 missing links, and the chains they fit, at Which missing links fit the KMC X8-xx and KMC X1 chain?