Author Topic: Rough friction Feeling  (Read 12498 times)

Cruz

Re: Rough friction Feeling
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2018, 09:09:48 am »

This is quite normal. George (mickeg) did tell you that his bike has almost a full number division play, and I did say, in the next post to the one you quote, that my brake cables are looser still. The system is not indexed to the rotary controller in any way, so loose cables make no difference. All the precision you expect is inside the hub. As long as the gears change and the cable is not too tight, the whereabouts of the pointer in relation to its gear (within reason) makes no difference whatsoever.

By the way, congratulations on the quality of your English.
Agree with that. Relaxing the cable tension does not change anything. As mantioned, i removed the wheel and checked the rolling feeling with hand and the vibration and the rough feeling comes from the mechanism. And hope it's really need to break.

Thanks. I really try with my english. In that helps me the forums and my middle school education too. ))

John Saxby

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 04:07:59 pm »
Hi again Cruz,

I've just sent you a personal message (PM) with information on adjusting the tension on the shifter cables of the Rohloff.  (I have also included links to Owners Manuals on the Rohloff site.)

I could not attach a photo to my PM, but please see below, a photo of page 9 of the "Short Version - Owners Manual, Rohloff Speedhub/514".  These are the instructions for changing the tension of the shifter cables.

Good luck!

John

Cruz

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2018, 09:49:57 pm »
Hi again Cruz,

I've just sent you a personal message (PM) with information on adjusting the tension on the shifter cables of the Rohloff.  (I have also included links to Owners Manuals on the Rohloff site.)

I could not attach a photo to my PM, but please see below, a photo of page 9 of the "Short Version - Owners Manual, Rohloff Speedhub/514".  These are the instructions for changing the tension of the shifter cables.

Good luck!

John
I saw that. Thank you. Think will mark millimeters on tape and put on shifter where digits are. It will show well and gives the possibilities to adjust the distance between the shifting points. Will compare with cable rotational play, is it 2mm or more.
Thank you John.

Good luck to you
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:31:42 pm by Cruz »