Author Topic: Valuation: Nomad mk2 590L?  (Read 2788 times)

ag

Valuation: Nomad mk2 590L?
« on: July 21, 2018, 05:02:49 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, so please forgive me if my post violates the purpose of this subforum :)

I am currently considering selling my 590L Nomad mk2. I haven't really been following the market for used prices on these bikes, and they all seem to get sold so quickly that I can't figure out the final sales prices. So I'm hoping some of you can offer some insight on what my bike might actually be worth, should I end up deciding to sell it.

I attached a picture of the original specifications from when I first bought it. Since then, I have upgraded the bike a bit by adding a SON Edelux II, B+M Toplight Line brake plus rear light, Shimano PD-MX80 pedals, a butterfly handlebar, and a Sinewave Reactor dynamo USB-hub. As to its condition, I have taken it coast to coast across the United States, around Kyrgyzstan and through minor stretches of Eastern Europe, so I would guess it has gone about 12.000 km or so in total.

Oh, and it's all located in Copenhagen, Denmark. I'm not sure how people usually go about selling these things – do buyers usually fly out to pick up their bikes or should I expect to pack it up and find someone to ship it by mail (seems like a cumbersome/costly option)?

Thanks in advance!
Anders

humedavid

Re: Valuation: Nomad mk2 590L?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 11:13:19 pm »
Hard to put a price on it. I think it is a good time to sell, although if anyone has / had plans for touring this summer, they probably have their bike already. Mind you the Nomad you are selling isn't for a quick summer trip, it's more capable than that.
This link shows Nomads that were recently sold on eBay.
Meaning of colours / strikethrough of final prices on eBay:

This link shows some expired ads from Gumtree.

Here's the Nomad geometry table, your 590L highlighted:

You could also state how used the rims, chain, sprocket and chainring, brake pads, cables etc. are. Any dings to the frame, rust, are the wheels true. Service history including Rohloff, oil changes, does the bike come with paperwork. These all change the price. The more info you give the better. If you are not in a rush, you can always advertise it for an optimistic ( higher ) price, then (later) add "or nearest offer".
You could try selling it locally, I am sure Nomads are known in mainland Europe too. Otherwise if there's serious interest in the UK, you could post it to a friend in the UK and ask them to do the sale for you, face to face. I have bought a bike like this before. Safer for both seller and buyer. Just make sure you do it before Bregzit, otherwise you might never hear from your friend again  ;D ;D ;D
This all is just my opinion.Hope it helps at all. Apologies if some info is too obvious.
David
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:15:19 pm by humedavid »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 04:16:15 am »
Nicely done, David!  :)

All the best,

Dan.

ag

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:48:08 am »
Thanks David, that's all very helpful! I will make sure to dive further into your links when I'm back at my computer  :)

Best,
Anders