Author Topic: Thorn Audax Mk3  (Read 6411 times)

J.Kydd

Thorn Audax Mk3
« on: July 15, 2018, 07:33:04 am »
My mum is selling her Audax Mk3. It’s about 3 years old and has only ever seen a handful of very short distance miles. It’s been stationary for at least a year
I’ll double check the exact size and update the post, but she is around 5’ 6

Any technical/spec questions please direct my way
Looking for around £900

J.Kydd

Re: Thorn Audax Mk3
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 07:32:10 am »
Size is 555s

jags

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 08:23:42 pm »
VERY NICE  8) 8)
doubt you'll get 900 for it i certainty hope you do but don't hold your breath.

jags.

Smiffy

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 02:01:52 pm »
Where is it located ?
Is the price negotiable ?

J.Kydd

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 05:51:08 pm »
Bike is located in Somerton, Somerset
Yes the price can be negotiated

Josh

J.Kydd

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 06:25:04 pm »
BIKE IS SOLD

jags

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 06:32:13 pm »
 8) i don't have much luck when it comes to selling my bikes :'( :'(

bikerta

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 09:31:28 pm »
This bike was also advertised on Ebay for £650 Jags, so it depends on how little you want to let your audax go for. You have a lot of extras on your bike and as you say it is immaculate. Would love to own your Audax and the sizing is probably not far out for me, but you are a long way away for pick up and I am now broke after my poor cat had to be finally put to sleep last week.  :'(

He has been a great friend to me for 14 years, but was diagnosed with heart failure 2 weeks after he had a nasty fall from the top bannisters in my house. Went downhill rapidly last week so had to make that horrible decision, heart wrenching watching him go through it. Have to pay the bill tomorrow, yikes - will be heading on up towards £1,000 including all treatment to date. Yes I know, I should have insured him.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 10:45:59 pm »
...my poor cat had to be finally put to sleep last week.
Deepest condolences. I had to do that with mine and it still hurts so much 15 years later, I haven't been able to think about getting another. Really feel for and with you.
i don't have much luck when it comes to selling my bikes
Anto, it is a sign you're meant to hang onto at least one bike. Anto without a bike? Ridiculous!

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 11:46:48 pm »
ah sorry to hear about your cat  an old friend indeed.still miss my wee dog i buried him at the side of the house .
yeah my Audax is a sweet bike for sure hate to sell it if i can convert it to an Ebike then happy days but a new front wheel and battery is over £500, IMAGINE THAT CRAZY MONEY.
but yeah i would make for easier cycling for me back and feet are in bits.

i would sell my road bike tho a real beauty.

anto.

Mike Ayling

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 12:15:32 am »
Sorry to read of the loss of your long time companion, Bikerta.

To you and others who have posted similar accounts, after a suitable period of mourning go round to your local shelter and adopt another companion. Having one around the house does wonders for your own wellbeing.

We have had a series of rescue dogs over the years and the current incumbent is Betsy, a retired greyhound.

Mike

John Saxby

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 03:16:07 pm »
So sorry to hear of your sad news, Jackie.  These wee furry creatures are such good companions.  After our very old bitsa tabby cat passed on a few years ago (at 24!!), my wife did as Mike suggests, and found a matched 3-year-old pair at the local pound. They've now decided that they're on a very good wicket, and have settled into their roles of organizing the household routines.

(You know the old saying, eh? -- "Dogs have owners, cats have staff.")

Sell your road bike, Anto, keep the Audax, and maybe Andre could help you install an on-demand motor for it. Gotta remember, lad, "You're always young on the bike!"

Cheers,  John

jags

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 03:24:44 pm »
true enough John i have the mind of a teenager wont say what age my brain is  :-\
Dan sent me a link to an Ebike conversion front custom wheel and barbag is the battery very nifty but man it cost over £500.
i reckon i'd get 800 euro for my Terry Dolan Le Tape  but if i were to spend it on a wheel and battery the wife would swing for me ;D ;D

it would be the way to go for me tho at least i'd keep the good looks of the audax wouldn't look much different than i have it set up meself.
but sure i might as well dream here as in bed.

anto

bikerta

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 08:28:09 pm »
Many thanks for the kind replies. I cannot even think about getting another pet at the moment, but never say never.

Jags, £500 sure is a lot of money for a wheel and battery, but you could not buy a decent e bike for that money. At least if you were to convert your audax, you would still have a bike you love and be able to get up the hills without the pain in your back and feet. You never know, if your back and feet recovered, you could convert the audax back and still get decent money back for the wheel and battery. It has got to be worth it just to keep you cycling.

jags

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 11:13:59 pm »
very true but it kills me to think my class Dolan is only worth a wheel and a battery  ;D ;D.

i have my Thorn Audax set up great it really is a class bike suits me to a Tee i'm not giving up just yet. love to try that ebike conversion i really dont like the look of EBIKES and there way to heavy for my liking .

anto.